Thursday, May 04, 2006

Catch up!!

Been a while! Sorry I missed a while, I'm going to try to post every day here. Granted though some days will be missed.

Well I had an interview for another job within HBOS, same building too which makes life easy. If I get it, I'll be a Data Development Analyst. (writing databases and queries basically). That should be really cool, and will also bring in the much needed extra cash!!

I unfortunately haven't had chance to do anything on business startup, which I'm not too chuffed with. I've just had so much on.
I did however have the wonderful experience of one of my younger brothers coming to stay. I loved seeing him, I miss my family all so much as they live over 100 miles away in Sunny Cramlington. It's always so nice to see them. I also just got an email from Jo, I gave her the address of this blog, so Jo if you're reading this, thanks for emailing - small contact meant a lot.

Business Startup Target
When running a business, it's always a very good idea to keep a record of your prospectors - people who are potential clients. i.e. people who are within your target market, and you think you can improve their website (in my case) for a fee that they can afford. Although you should also never exclude anyone from your prospectors database as some clients will suprise you.

Newest Thing I've Learnt
I've been working with CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) recently, which can basically control the formatting and layout of your website from an external file, allowing you to change the look of your entire site by changing one file.

I've been learning today how to make the site "elastic" using CSS. This is where your layout is calculated using "em" values, so that when a user scales the text in their browser (to make it bigger or smaller) your design shrinks and grows with it so that it doesn't fall apart and look poo.

Very cool piece and will be using that in future.

Small blog today - I have over 180 RSS feeds to read before I can start working and its coming up to 11pm already!

Talk soon,

Ben

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home